#50: Stuck in Motion vs. Taking Action
Your body’s rhythms show you exactly when to rest and when to take action so you don’t have to overthink life and work.
In motion vs. Taking Action
- In motion = 2nd phase of productivity… planning
- Taking Action = 3rd phase
- Getting stuck in the “in motion” stage means nothing is actually happening that makes a difference in helping you feel like you’re living in flow with life.
- Busy work, perpetual planning, perfectionism, spinning your wheels leads to heaviness in life and eventually burnout
- Not releasing your thoughts out into the world
- Buying the paint and never painting that room or putting it off for weeks or months
- Buying exercise equipment but never using it
- Planning the summer activities With your kids you want to fo but then August rolls around and you realize you’ve not even done half the things on your list and you feel guilty about that
- Doing all the things for your kids but still feeling like your tank is empty
- Stacks of notes or lists an your desk that never get addressed
It’s like revving your engine forever without ever letting off the break
What else, what’s one thing you can think of right now that’s hanging over you or has you stuck in this “in motion” phase?
What this might look like in regards to your menstrual cycle:
- Irregular cycles
- A cycle that hangs on longer than you think it “should”
- PMS discomfort or pain
These are cues from your body that something is off in your mental-emotional state and is keeping you stuck where you may not want to be.
So how do you get out of that phase?
This is where knowing your rhythms comes in handy. When you do, you can use them to your advantage to help you get out of that “in-motion” phase and into Phase 3 of your Energetic Rhythms: Taking Action.
But to do this you have to know a couple things about your cycle…. and it might be more than just when it starts. This is the sort of thing my Daily Rhythms Tracker helps you do.
Grab the Daily Rhythms Tracker
Learn how to use it by watching or listening to
When you know what phase of your cycle you are in and where the moon is, you can start to plan to use those rhythms to begin taking action and complete the cycle
By tracking your cycle, you begin to be able to anticipate when you’ll have more energy to begin taking action instead of just spinning your wheels. Then you can capitalize on that energy to move into the next phase, Phase 3, of productivity.
Being stuck in motion feels heavy. In order to help you lighten the load, start tracking your cycle and enhancing not only your body awareness, but also your mental-emotional awareness…recognizing how the 2 are connected.
Leave a Rating or Review
NOW is a great time to leave a rating or review in Apple Podcasts…that’s what helps other people find this show!
Thanks for helping make this podcast possible by listening to it! Subscribe where ever you catch your podcasts:
And consider sharing this episode with just one other person.
Disclosure: Because I like connecting others with resources that I have used and found to work well in my life, I want to be completely transparent with you. Some of the links within this post are affiliate links from Amazon; as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I only promote products that align with my values and with what I truly believe to work, not because of the commission I receive on them. So if you do decide to purchase something from one of these links, thank you!