#54: Taking Action and Letting It Go, Energetic Rhythms Phase 3
When you learn to anticipate your highest energy times, you can truly get the most stuff done in your personal or work life without feeling like you’re hustling all the time.
Your Energetic Rhythms show you exactly when to rest and when to take action so you don’t have to overthink life and work; yet, if you disregard even one phase of these rhythms, burnout, feeling scattered or perpetually stuck in life is bound to happen.
There is in fact an ideal time to let go of things in life…whether it’s decluttering your home, your mind or your energy, or even simply putting yourself out there into the world and letting that part of you be seen, there is indeed a time for taking action on this sort of thing that aligns with your highest good, even if you embrace the “hustle” mentality. And it begins to happen in Phase 3 of your Energetic Rhythms Cycle.
Phase 1: Intention Setting + Rest/Surrender/Acceptance
Phase 2: Preparation + Growth
Phase 3: Intentional Work + Thriving (Peak of cycle)
Lunar & Menstrual Cycle Alignment
- Full Moon -> days around full moon (2-3 on either side)
- Ovulatory -> peak of feminine cycle; on a 28-day cycle, days 15-21
This phase and the last are most often where people who thrive on hustling reside, often avoiding phase 1 and parts of phase 4.
- Most fertile and active phase–EXPANSIVE
- Increased stamina + evening energy – social, celebrations, community
- Peak of feminine or lunar energy–nurturing, lightheartedness, receptivity
- Mental & emotional creativity at its peak
- Vivid dreams
- Most receptive to others and ideas
- Relaxed and content–in your element
- Yet there may be tension within your body because of higher emotional vibrations
- Energy begins to wane following peak
How to apply to your daily life – what does this look like on a day-to-day basis
- Ideal time to release projects out into the world
- Part of your day in which you are really taking action
- Working on a specific project
- Doing the housework
- Responding and sending emails that are getting things done or making decisions on things, not the ones that are in your inbox that you want to consume the content from because it enriches your life, those are emails to start your day with in the prep or 2nd phase;)
- Meeting with clients or making other connections
- Coordinating schedules
- Possibly working out
- NOT part of your day when you are
- Planning your day out
- Doing your morning routine or activities you do to prep your mind for the day
- Reading emails that aren’t helping you actually get things done
How to apply to your monthly Energetic Rhythms Cycle
- Releasing Ritual/Ceremony – begin releasing what is no longer serving you or even what you’ve created out into the world
- Honor the place it’s had in your life, bless it, then release it and any attachment to it
- Best time to access full potential–projects set to end on a full moon are almost always successful
- Ideal time to release projects out into the world
- Plan to be visible + feel alive + thrive
- Get Social + Take Action
- Likely to spend more money
- Begin decluttering & getting rid of things that no longer serve you!
Challenges + How to Overcome
Hustle culture – So much around us tells us that hustling is the only way to get things done, and this phase encourages taking action
- Awareness – Even sometimes just knowing and understanding that you are cyclical instead of linear helps slow this mentality down
- Intentions – Refer back to your intentions and what you want your life to look, sound and feel like
Tension, tiredness, anxiousness – there’s heightened energy around you and possibly within you that’s drawing your inner most self out
- Do high-energy workouts to release excess energy
- Do things that help you feel more connected (either to other or yourself, depending on whether you’re more introverted or extroverted)
- Eat lighter, whole foods and fewer calories to combat tiredness
- Meditate, practice Mindfulness & Breathwork that can calm your nervous system
Less sleep because of more natural light — body’s circadian rhythms are set to be more “wakey”
- Try to maintain regular sleep schedule; take short power naps when can if needed
- Use increased energy to get things done, yet then embrace fun and socialization/connection as well
Emotional Intelligence** – Letting emotions/inner self out—feeling big feelings and not knowing how to manage them.
** “The ability to perceive, interpret, demonstrate, control, evaluate, and use emotions to communicate with and relate to others effectively and constructively.” verywellmind.com
- Start to become aware of the triggers in your life that cause you to feel or experience big emotions
- Work with a coach, a counselor or get yourself some self-improvement books that can help you begin to manage your emotions and explore the root causes of your triggered reactions or responses
Taking Intentional Action
The third phase is truly the one that’s all about releasing out into the world both things that are no longer serving you and things that require taking action. But intentional action, friends. Which means you’re still focused on the intentions you set at the beginning of the cycle or month. You revisit those intentions and begin to take note of things you want to consider for the next cycle. You check in to see what can be let go of, what is no longer serving you so you can make adjustments and move forward without that extra baggage. Trust me, when you get to the next phase, you’re going to want to be in the mindset of getting rid of stuff so that it can feel lighter, because, spoiler alert, the next phase naturally feels heavier, in general.
Working with your energy comes with 3 parts to consider– the universe’s energy, or in our case primarily the moon’s, your own body’s energy, and free will—the thing that either moves you forward or keeps you making the same choices and living in the constant cycle of feeling completely burned out, not caring about details and overworking to catch up from slacking because of exhaustion.
When you anticipate your highest energy times, be they throughout your day or over the course of the month, you can truly get the most stuff done without feeling like you’re struggling in the rapids of life.
Leave a Rating or Review
NOW is a great time to leave a rating or review in Apple Podcasts…that’s what helps other people find this show!
Thanks for helping make this podcast possible by listening to it! Subscribe where ever you catch your podcasts:
Apple Podcasts | Google Podcast | Spotify | Stitcher | Google Play Music | iHeartRadio | Amazon Music
And consider sharing this episode with just one other person.
Get the Intention Setting Meditation Worksheet here.
To know where you are in your cycle, download the Daily Rhythms Tracker.
Join the Energetic Rhythms for Intentional Living community here.
Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
More Episodes like this one:
#50: Stuck in Motion
#52: Intention-setting for Focus in Life, Energetic Rhythms Phase 1
#53: How to Work with Growing Energy, Energetic Rhythms Phase 2
Disclosure: Because I like connecting others with resources that I have used and found to work well in my life, I want to be completely transparent with you. Some of the links within this post are affiliate links from Amazon; as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. I only promote products that align with my values and with what I truly believe to work, not because of the commission I receive on them. So if you do decide to purchase something from one of these links, thank you!